We are inviting some of our loyal members, friends and supporters to a live music event in a private garden in Kent on the weekends in August and September. If you are interested in attending please email email@example.com.
MAIUKO & GUESTS
- Double Bass- Alexander Keen
- Violin- Paul Brasington
- Drums- Elias Kacomanolis
Born in Mozambique of royal Swazi and Portuguese ancestry, Maiuko has her very own style, blending Jazz, Afro-Blues, African inspired rhythms, and Portuguese melodies into one timeless language of music. Throughout her career, she has won Awards for Best Newcomer, Female Performer of the year, Best Female Voice, Best uploaded on Get-out-there, and most recently for Multifaceted Artist.
She has also collaborated with and appeared worldwide in prestigious venues and festivals alongside musical greats, such as; Max Middleton, Chris Difford, Dick Pearce, Jeff Beck, Noel McCalla, Sara Tavares, Carmen Souza, to mention but a few.
Based in the UK, Maiuko is currently writing an album with guitarist & double bassist Alex Keen, violinist Paul Brasington and special guest drummer Elias Kacomanolis, plus further exciting collaborations with world-renowned musicians.
Bass Player Alex Keen is an acclaimed Guildhall musician (accompanied George Shearing for the Masterclass South Bank Show) Throughout his career he has toured the UK extensively with the Theo Travis Quartet and the Philip Clouts Quartet. Collaborations with many established musicians including; Dick Pearce, Costello Quartet, Anita Wardell, Frances Knight Quartet, Tony Coe, Jim Mullen, Henry Lowther, John Etheridge, Pete King, etc…
Paul Brasington is a Folk and Jazz music reader and improviser in multiple genres, currently guesting widely in Hastings and East Sussex.
- You are welcome to bring your own picnic mats, chairs, umbrellas, blankets, and sanitising gel.
- Antibacterial wipes, sanitising spray and an outside toilet will be available to use.
- Please bring your own masks or scarves.
- Your are welcome to bring your own picnic and drinks.
- We can provide tea, coffee, water. Please bring your own glasses or mugs.
- All donations will go to the performers and can be made when reserving a place.
- Performances will be recorded for live streaming at a later date.
- Capacity maximum 30 to ensure social distancing